Many of you will be new to using cage liners so are probably wondering what you need to do to keep your cage clean and tidy when using them. Below are some general instructions with some extra Tips to help out further to ensure you get the best out of your liner.
Washing and Drying
- Give your liner an initial wash before using. This helps aid the wicking of the fleece.
- Sweep/vacuum the loose hay and droppings on a daily basis.
- Your liner will need washing once or twice a week depending on how messy your little ones are. Obviously if you have 3 or more animals in the cage then washing may need to be done every couple of days. On these days, shake/brush the loose materials off of your liner.
- Machine wash your liner on a cool wash, 30/40C using a washing detergent that doesn't contain fabric softener. A little white wine vinegar can help elliminate odours.
- We would RECOMMEND line/air drying liners. However, our liners can be tumble dried if necessary but is must be on a low heat. Due to the materials we use they will dry fairly quickly.
- Do Not use fabric softener when washing your liners. This is because it leaves a residue on the fleece fibres stopping them from wicking moisture away as effectively
- As mentioned above, we recommend giving your liner an initial wash though this is not essential. You will find the more the liner is washed the more effective the fleece becomes at wicking away any moisture. This is normal behaviour for the material and is a reason why it is so good to use in the cage.
- When washing, if you give the liner a second spin/rinse you will find that it dries a lot quicker.
- Make sure you don't use too much detergent as this will clog the fibers and stop the liner working as effectively. This will lead to bad odours.
Snuggle Sacks. Cosy Tunnels, Ramp Tunnels
These simple instructions will help you get the best from your new purchases.
1. If a snuggle sack, pull the fleece inner out.
2. Give a good shake to remove loose debris.
3. Wash on a 30/40°C cycle.
4. Line Dry. Do NOT tumble dry.